By next month Xero will make it mandatory for all users have two-step authentication (2SA) to protect their login and unauthorised use. This change is to support best-practice security measures in accordance with the Australian Tax Office’s (ATO) updated requirements.
What you need to know:
- From Tuesday 16 October (next week): Xero users who have yet to enabled 2SA will see a screen that prompts set up.
- On a rolling basis, between Tuesday 30 October and Friday 23 November 2018: 2SA will become compulsory on login.
- You need use an authenticator app on your phone or other device to generate the codes, so may need to download one first.
- Search & install the relevant authenticator app for your device such as “Google Authenticator” OR “Authy” (both work for Android & iPhone).
- You’ll be able to select “Remember me for 30 days” as an optional setting. If you select “Remember me for 30 days” you won’t need to perform the second authentication step on that device for 30 days.